Today, I want to share the design and specs for the new version of Mars Rover Sentinel v3. I haven’t had the chance to start working on building it, been working on too many projects right now, but maybe one day. Photos and videos of Sentinel v1 here.
SPECIFICATIONS AND FEATURES
- Sentinel “Mars Rover” version 3 include a fully functional Rocker-bogie. The Differential use ¾ inch Carbon Steel shafts and steel gear, very strong and sturdy.
- Dimension are 23.75 inches long x 17.75 inches wide and 24.25 inches height. It weight around 35 lbs.
- Wheels are 4.5 inch in aluminium
- All aluminum parts are CNC custom made and anodize.
- The body is anodize Gold (like the Mars Rover Sojourner), Black and Silver.
- The included software screenshot is below, we also include a DLL with the function to drive the Rover from a different software as API call.
- Sentinel Head include a white LED light and 3 laser (low beam)
- x1 Non Distortion Dual Lens USB 3.0 Camera Module Synchronization 1.3Megapxel HD 960P OTG UVC 3D VR Stereo Webcam.
- The Front body include a HD 8MP YuY2 digital Sony 1/3.2″ IMX179 sensor USB webcam camera module with 75 degree no distortion lens.
- Temperature sensor are installed in the head and in the body to monitor the heat of the motors.
- x12 (6 Steppers and 6 Geared DC) motors drive Sentinel.
- x2 LiPO 5000mah battery power Sentinel 3.
- All electronics are from Phidgets. https://www.phidgets.com/
- The price for a fully working Mars Rover Sentinel v3 with a Rocker-bogie system start from 28,500$USD, shipping not included